Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 4 - Haiti Mission - Finding the Morning in Mourning

God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left. Lamentations 3:22-24 (The Message)



I firmly believe that at some point every Christian has somewhat of a "crisis of faith". I've found personally that it usually simply starts with the question "why?" This morning a had a brief questioning of why. I wouldn't consider it a crisis of faith. Just a "why?"


One of the most difficult moments I encounter as a believer is answering the questions....the really HARD questions....of the nonbeliever. The "why's". It makes it harder to help others when you have the same questions. What makes the difference? Faith. Webster's dictionary defines faith as: (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust. In Martin Luther's German Bible of 1522, Martin Luther says ~ Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it. That's the kind of faith I want to have.


Today, I don't have an answer to the "why." My heart is heavy and grieving for my beloved sister-in-law and her family as they mourn the loss of a child. I pray that God will meet her right where she is, not to explain, but to show her that He's always been there and that nothing happens in this world without His knowledge and his divine permission. To help nurture her faith. I will glady be there to help decipher the "why" if she needs me, but I pray that God will give her the comfort she so desperately needs.


Do you, wonder why you have to, feel the things that hurt you,

if there's a God who loves you,where is He now?

Maybe, there are things you can't see, and all those things are happening

to bring a better ending --some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see.



Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,that you still have a reason to sing.

'cause the pain you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming.

So hold on, you got to wait for the light,

Press on, just fight the good fight

Because the pain you've been feeling, it's just the dark before the morning.

~Josh Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment