Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 8 - Haiti Mission - Drowning out the Lonlies with Friends

"Oh the Lord is good to me.....and so I thank the Lord,
for giving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the apple tree.
The Lord....is....good.....to.....me."

I remember singing that song at Girl Scout Day Camp. Today, as I was sitting lazily on a boat amongst friends that I consider family, the song kept running itself over and over in my head. I am blessed. Truly blessed by friends who want me to be happy. And what I mean by happy is, well, to not be sad and alone for an extended amount of time. Yes, today, the Lord was good to me for giving me the friends I need, the sun and the rain and TONS to eat. The Lord was good to me. I firmly believe that your family is who you choose for them to be. I'm not close to my extended family. Not a bit, but I have friends who would be there for me in an instant and pull me from a burning building (perhaps started by an unattended dryer....Melissa....), and most importantly not let me go out in public wearing "that". You know what I mean. That's who I spent the day with yesterday and today. Some of the greatest friends in the world who I gladly call my family.

And in the midst of that surrounding, everything faded away to a single voice in my head that said..."now you're starting to get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment