Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1, Trip 4 - Haiti Mission - Better than expected


"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos."~Charles M. Schulz

I would have to say it was by far the worst "goodbye" to date and yet the best "goodbye" to date. Hard for both of us, though Chris would never admit it, but reassuringly the last goodbye for quite some time. The final 8 weeks left to go, with prayers being sent regularly for the project to finish early. All 8 weeks have teams scheduled to work and I know that Chris is looking forward to seeing old friends come back for a second time to work on the camp. At first he didn't want to take the video camera, but I think it hit us both at the same time that we wanted to be able to share with others what the finished camp looks like.

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." ~1 Peter 4:10

So, my loving husband is off to serve using the skills that the Lord has gifted him (he has yet to accept that one of those is leadership,)and I find God's timing impecable as always as my Women's Ministry Leadership Training just happen to begin the same week that my husband leaves for missions work. Hmmm. Funny how God works that way. My mission may be much different than my husband's, but no less important. Just closer to home and closer to heart.

Sometimes, I think most people have the wrong perspective of missions work. Sure, there's a great big world out there with great big needs, but if you narrow it down....look to the neighbor on your right and the neighbor on your left, I can almost guarantee that one of them is in need. Most likely both of them are in need of kind. My mission remains unclear, but the fog is lifting occasionally. Yes, Lord, I know I have work here to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment