Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 11, Trip 4 - Haiti Mission - The Joy of Letting It Snow



So....we got about 3-5 inches of snow today. Two days ago it was 40+ degrees. The low tonight is supposed to be 11. Oh the cruelty of living through Ohio winters. And Ohio summers. This is not an RA/fibromyalgia friendly state.



So my pain has been bad to okay to tolerable to less tolerable...not quite to "bad" yet again. I would say that I'm ready for spring so that I'll feel better, but last year that didn't seem to make too much of a difference. The winter is bad for the RA and the summer is bad for the fibromyalgia. Whaddaya gonna do?



So, I guess my best option is to just find joy. Joy in friends that come over to visit. Joy in the sound of my boys laughter. Joy in the cuddle of my dogs next to me. Joy in the smell and feel of a blanket right from the dryer. Joy in the beauty of freshly fallen, beautiful white snow.

And I think....oh to have 90 degrees and sunny in Haiti.....

Don't forget, I'm still accepting donations to try to make it to Haiti to the work camp for it's dedication. Go www.paypal.com under premierbyjacque@yahoo.com. All donations are SUPER appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment