Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 4, Trip 4 - Haiti Mission - Not a Word

"Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." ~1 Peter 3:4

The past few days have been quiet and relatively drama free. Of course, I have boys so when I say relatively, I mean, well, relatively speaking. I spoke with Chris for the first time today since he left the states on Monday. I've been focusing on my physical health and readjusting the boys schedule that I haven't really taken the time to get emotional about it.

Until today.

There is a certain feeling of finality when folding the remainder of Chris' clean laundry. I leave some of his sweatshirts hanging in the basement just because I like the idea that they're still out and not put away. I leave his tennis shoes under the coffee table where he last took them off because it makes me remember that he's still a presence here.

So, I shed some tears while folding laundry. But you know what? God is faithful. It was only minutes from finishing that task that my husband called to make sure that he would be able to talk to me today. The quiet and focus on rest has been nice, but it doesn't mean that I haven't missed the presence of my husband. There is so much about him that I miss, even if it's just his snoring that wakes me in the middle of the night.

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times." ~Lamentations 3:25 (The Message)

So God has proven to me in the last year that He has been so meticulously working on me for the past 5 years. I never dreamed that this is where I would be right now. It's so much better than I thought I would have. I have a husband who loves me and a Savior who has brought me to a place of trust in that husband, but more importantly a trust in the faithfulness of the Lord.

So, I have a busy weekend ahead, but I'm going to continue to relish in the quiet evenings that the Lord is giving me and pray that I can start having a gentler, quieter spirit in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment