Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 15, Trip 4 - Haiti Mission - Modern Day Chivalry


"In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered." ~1 Peter 3:7


My husband pushes the grocery cart through the snow while holding onto me so my poor arthritic legs don't give out and I fall.

My husband brings me my medicine so I don't have to go up or down the stairs and heats up my heat packs for me without me even having to ask.

My husband can make me laugh even when I'm so mad at him I want to spit fire.

My husband prays for me more than I'll ever know.

My husband has learned to not walk as fast when I'm with him and reaches to hold my hand when I least expect it and does so knowing how to hold my hand without it hurting.

My husband knows that disease has changed me and changed our marriage as well as our future, but he loves me anyway.

My husband can fix a toilet, wire a house, and install a furnace. But at the end of the day, he's still man enough to flip some grilled cheese when his wife is in too much pain to stand at the stove.

My husband treats my son like his own son and together we have a tried and true family though we've never shared the blessing of having our own children.

My husband is thousands of miles away, but in a world where wives are disrespected everyday, I am blessed to have a husband who still believes in treating me well and loving not only who I am, but who I am changing into each and every day.....and I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment